Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Reminiscing with Google maps

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by AlGroover, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Road racing on closed roads held on much longer in WA than other states, until around 1990.
    I feel privileged to have been able to race for state championship points on these tricky little circuits-for-a-day.
    Rather than do the 800km round trip for the sake of nostalgia, I've looked up Google maps street view to have a look at the old places and thought that some of you might be interested and wonder that we raced on such roads.
    My favourite was the Albany (WA) Spencer Park long circuit. Racing was conducted on the Australia Day long weekend from 1974 - 76 on the short circuit (blue on the map) and '77 - 79 on the long circuit (red).
    There's been a lot of building in the last 30 odd years, the Ulster Rd section I remember as being lined with trees especially at the kink at Fenton way.
    The roundabout is also new but much is as was.

Attached Files: