Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Remember: Christmas is about Jesus

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Ktulu, Dec 8, 2006.

1. It's so easy in all the organising and planning for the upcoming Christmas break, to forget about the true meaning behind it all: the birth of Jesus Christ.

As much fun as it is to tell stories about Santa and reindeer, please people - make sure to remember, and have the proper respect for the reason behind the season.

2. It's fun to sing at the ^^^^^
  3. the guy in the middle, doing the "C", IS Phanoongy !!!!

What's the bet they're all aussies ?
  4. No its not !!

Its about the religious leaders of the day bending to fit in with pagan worshipers and settled on that date as a compromise. Do your research.

next ....
  5. Who?
  6. No! It's about SANTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111one!!!@!@@@!!11!!!!!!!!

7. No its not !!

Its a gene involved in monoamines, neurotransmitters that that have a lot to do with emotional sensitivity. The interpretation is that the monoamines correlates with a personality trait called self-transcendence. Composed of three sub-sets, self-trancendance is composed of "self-forgetfulness" (as in the tendency to become totally absorbed in some activity, such as reading); "transpersonal identification" (a feeling of connectedness to a larger universe); and "mysticism" (an openness to believe things not literally provable, such as ESP). Put them all together, and you come as close as science can to measuring what it feels like to be spiritual. This allows us to have the kind of experience described as religious ecstasy.

8. And here I was thinking that Christmas was about getting pissed...

9. without the use of LSD

10. Ktul see what happens when you choose to push your own barrow on a bike forum. Your views are yours, keep it that way.
  11. go inci...
  12. Oh you are so going to hell! :demon:
  13. You know Jesus, aparently the son of Dog, although i think Brian would have been a better name.

Why did Jesus cross the road?
    Because he was nailed to the chicken!

Jesus Christ walks into a hotel. He hands the inkeeper three nails and asks...
    "Can you put me up for the night?"

Jesus dies and goes up to Heaven. The first thing he does is look for his father, as he has never met the man before and is curious as to what he looks like, and whether or not Jesus looks like his mother or father, etc. He looks high and low but cannot find him.

He asks St. Peter "Where is my father?" But St. Peter says he doesn't know.

He asks the archangel Gabriel "Where is my father?" But Gabriel doesn't know.

He asks John the Baptist "Where is my father?" But John does not know. So he wanders Heaven, impatiently searching.

Suddenly he sees out of the mist an old man coming toward him. The man is very old, with white hair, stooped over a little. "Stop!" Jesus yells. "Who are you?"

"Oh, please help me, I am an old man in search of my son." Jesus is very curious. Could this be his father? "Tell me of your son, old man."

"Oh, you would know him if you saw him. Holes in his hand where the nails used to be, he was nailed to a cross, you know..."

"Father!!!!!" Screams Jesus.

"Pinocchio!!!!!!!" yells the old man.
  14. Another booking for the big barbie at the centre of the Earth........

15. Being a devout athiest (is that an oxymoron?) i cant say i spend a lot of time thinking about after death.
  16. Me too, thank God............
  17. No, I think you'll find that it's all about me.

So who's buying me awesome birthday presents?
  18. You might wanna go back and look a little closer at the OP, Davo... I don't think reverence was the first thing on Ktulu's mind...
  19. If its related to the jerks making with the arm dancing then the joke is lost on me.

I do a nice irish jig though :shock:
  20. :LOL: :LOL:
    & priceless photo - thx ktulu.

some of you might be interested in this book that appears to be very popular in the bookstores right now...

The God Delusion