Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Remap of Speed Triple

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by matressking, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Hi guys,
    I just got a slip-on for my Speed Triple and have been advised that I will need to get my ECU remapped to keep the bike running smoothly. (3 into 1 Arrow Map)

Has anyone here had this done? I will need to find somewhere in Sydney to do it? Will it need to be a Triumph dealership?

If anyone has any info about this or even an idea of how much this will cost I woudl really appreciate it.

2. TuneECU - $10 cable from ebay, load it up yourself, sorted!
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Yeah or the dealer can do it for you.
    There is a factory map for the arrow systems.
  4. Thanks guys, much appreciated.
  5. TuneECU is great - but if you just want to get it done and not mess around with doing it yourself a Triumph dealer (I'm pretty sure they will need to be triumph so they have the right software etc) should do it for $50 or so.
  6. Lots of talk about maps on this forum (once you sign up) http://www.street-triple.co.uk/, but they basically say what the guys above have said.

Did you get slip ons under the seat, or the 3 into 1 lowboy? They need different maps. Probably the slip ons as I think the 3:1 removes the cat which would be illegal, so probably not sold locally by the dealers.

I'm not sure about local rules, but the guys on the Street Triple forum mention the potential for warranty issues if you load the map yourself, even though it's the same thing the dealer would load.

7. I got a low GP style exhaust so yes the cat is gone. Probably not my smartest move but in my defence I didn't realise that was the case until I went to fit it!

I still have the stock pipes on for now, would a dealer still load the map that I want? I mean I'm paying them, what do they care?!
  8. Won't be a problem - just walk in and say 'download the arrow low boy map for me please' - or words to that effect.
  9. Yes the triumph dealerships will do it for about $50, I got my Daytona 675 done a couple of years ago.
  10. just get the cable and a copy of tuneECU and do it yourselves. im sure that all the maps to suit these bikes are up on either tuneECU website or some model specific forum.

i use tuneECU for my ktm superduke and it is awesome, not only for just tuning but i can check my TPS and balance throttle bodies so easily.

its easy to use and good to learn more about your bike rather than just take it to the stealer and pay thru the nose for it.

here's one of the views i get from tuneECU with my ktm.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Bugger, was hoping this app supported hondas
  12. i know what you mean, its great but seems only works with ktm, aprilia and triumph.
  13. ^^whs^^
  14. Thanks heaps for the relies guys. I reckon I will get a cable then. Just a regular serial cable and a USB adaptor right?

What about the warnings that you could stuff your ECU completely? Doesn't sound likely unless its a security measure
  15. For Yamaha, Suzuki and Kawasaki there's flashtune. That's what I'm getting for my R1 soon