The original shelf install with GPS mount in place. You might notice the GPS power lead running to the LH fairing pocket. So far the shelf has worked for me except that with my height I loose the view of the dash warning lights. I decided to start from scratch with this little project The plan was to enlarge the cut-away a further 10-15mm which was done on 18/4/2013 thanks to a neighbour who has a jig-saw. I sourced and bought a 12 volt, 15 amp waterproof dual socket (sometimes 1 just is not enough) which I had installed on the shelf before the planned painting. I sourced 2 metres of 15 amp lead and an in line 20 amp (still need to change fuse to a 15 amp) fuse holder. The only thing to do was repaint the shelf but I decided to powder coat instead. The closest one to me was in Port Pirie so off we went for the 110 km ride and dropped the shelf off on the 8th of this month. Two weeks later brings us to the 23rd and time to go an get the shelf. Cost $10. Well finally on Saturday just gone (25th May)I managed to re-install the dash shelf and add a waterproof 12 volt dual socket power supply. First up was to remove the screen which meant a search for the Allen key for the new bolts I installed. Then remove the Black panel above the headlight. I knew where to run the wires but I needed to remove the dash access panel to feed the wires through. Once that was done the panel was replaced and I got on with installing the shelf. The shelf in position but loosely mounted. With screen on after completion of tightening bolts. Before replacing screen I used some black gaffa tape to keep wiring in place. The socket doesn't interfere with airflow through the cat eye. Next up was to remove the plastic to gain access to feed the wiring through to the battery and to remove my old temporary 12 volt socket which was not fused and had been in place trouble free for seven years. The new wiring follows the OEM wiring loom as can be see here and along side the filler panel I had ample wire and had to trim off about 6 inches before connecting to the battery. A fuse was installed buy separating the wire and removing the required length of positive wire and soldering in the fused link section in place. Taped all the soldered points and routed the wire to the battery and removed the access. Added a terminal on each wire and connected the wires to the battery. Next up I mounted the car GPS to the dash shelf and it all works.