Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Relay For Life

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Gobberwart, Sep 20, 2014.

1. Sorry, this isn't really a "lighter side" post, but it's doesn't seem to fit anywhere else. Mods, feel free to move it if you can find a better place.

Tonight, and in the wee small hours of tomorrow morning, myself, my wife, my son and a bunch of friends will be joining "The Bardy Bunch" team and participating in the Relay for Life.

Relay For Life is a life-changing event that helps communities across the world celebrate the lives of people who have battled cancer, remember loved ones lost, and fight back against the disease.

As I type this, my wife's grandmother is in a ward in Adelaide's North Eastern Community Hospital, where she is living out her final days succumbing to cancer, and I have lost friends and relatives to cancer over the years. My own grandmother passed away due to cancer when I was 14, and I recently lost a very good friend to a rare and aggressive cancer.

I also know many survivors who have battled and won, thanks in part to those who have contributed and made a difference.

Please support my campaign and show you also want to make a difference in the fight against cancer.

To support my campaign, please visit my page here http://vic.cancercouncilfundraising.org.au/PersonalPage.aspx?registrationID=805136&langPref=en-CA

If you can't contribute, please share this link and help me out. It's not too late.

2. The NE Community hospital is just a stones throw from where I live, I wish her all the best.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks mate :)

She's not going to recover, but she will go out with dignity and that's the most important thing :)