Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Rel] Drifting RC cars..

Discussion in 'Multimedia' at netrider.net.au started by Grunge, Jun 26, 2006.

1.  Top
  2. That is so cool!

*Heads out to the garage to cut up some pvc pipe to put on the off-road r/c buggy wheels.*

3. Hmmm, maybe u lads need to change the movie tomorrow night from "Cars" to "Tokyo Drift"!

:LOL: :LOL: :roll: :grin:

4. You know, there is a little bit of drifting/counter-steering theory in Cars. :p

5. Cool! Should I bring the 200SX instead of the Across then? :shock: :LOL:

And are you skilled at removing the front bumper bar before we start the drifting? :p

Cheers,

Ree

6. :LOL: that's cool Andy, thanks for posting that up... now care to translate for us :wink:

I gotta find my petrol RC car... probably still in my storage?? haven't seen it since moving back home :? I wana set it up for drift... looks like more fun than just racing it :eek:

7. Translate what? :p

Heh it's pretty simple, just use piping for the wheels, also I'm not sure how RC cars work, but I think that chain thing, they use it to send the drive to the rear wheel, if I'm right.

8. Just use race ties to hold it on dude!!!

9. "chain thing" is a belt drive. Making a 2wd rear engine RC car into a 4wd (simplified). Most electric RC cars are rear wheel drive, with the motor connected to the diff sorta like a VW. Instead of having to have dual motors you run a belt drive system. I really don't know how a 2wd RC car would perform? Probably just sit and do circle work.

10. translate what they're saying in that clip... I can't understand a word of it!!
    Don't even have subtitles...

11. Yeah, that's it... I guess that's why the guy was saying something about controllability for the cars. :p