Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

rejetting

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by Androo, Oct 6, 2004.

1.  Top
  2. Kit will cost you around $200 and the same again for fitting.

I had the ZX6R rejetted by PTR. I supplied the jet kit, he did the work, tune, service and dyno for around $600.
    Worth every penny too.

3.  Top
  4. Lean, after the yoshi and the K&N filter were fitted.

5. Funny. After my MADAZ pipe and BMC filter I'm running rich (must be that premium ULP).

6. I was running PULP as well.

The K&N allows about 50% more air into the box so it's bound ot be lean.

Oh wait its a suz.......a suzu.......one of them!

I rest my case :p

7. Watch it sunshine...

8. maybe now would be a good time for a K&N filter to lean it out a bit. although my problem is mainly lower rpm, dunno if the filter would make as much difference there

9. Id say it was starving of air, a K&N should lean it out but it may do so up top as well so a complete rejet may be in order.

Hell get both of them done and enjoy the extra grunt.

10. On a related note, the guys at Redwing were a little surprised when I dropped the BabyBlade in for a major service and discovered it didn't *have* an air filter.

Not quite as surprised as I was.

Rejetting is tempting, but for a bike I'm only keeping as long as I have to, it seems like a bit of a waste.

11. no air filter.. bet that was good for your engine hehe

i was surprised at the amount of crap in the surge tanks on my bike...