Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by gixxer, Mar 29, 2007.

1. gday guys a noob question here,

my bike is due for rego, just wanted to know what the procedures were to renew it.....????

is it the same as a car??

Thanks in advance...
  2. Yep, same as a car.

Rego will say whether pink slip is required or not. Plus CTP - green slip

I go to my car mechanic for bike pink slips - checks tyres, lights and no oil leaks.

Some bike shops may be that bit more picky as they could see some income in your bike
  3. would any car mech do pink slips for it??? or only limited ones?

or best of to go to bike shop...
  4. ALL car mechanics can do bike pink slips
  5. awesome thanks.... just called my mech and hes gona do my pink slip.

cheers. :beer:
  6. how much are you'll guys paying for your green slip?
  7. bump on this.. my rego is expired and shopping around for CTP.. anyone know of cheap places? ive seen prices of $280ish from http://prices.maa.nsw.gov.au/
  8. but i here there were cheeper price :wink:

9. All car mechanics that have their inspection ticket can do pink slips.

10. isnt pink slip just pink slip?
    never thought there cars & bikes any diffrent.... :wink:
  11. ms tear.. where are there cheaper prices for CTP on the cbr 250 rr?
  12. yeah.. lovin the victorian policy for re-registering a bike.... letter in the maill, and pay the bill... no need to worry about the slips.

But just outta curiosity what does each slip (green & pink?) actually require of you and whats the cost? sounds like a pain in the a$$
  13. well i find out i rember somone was talking about $1-6 or $1-8
  14. Firstly, one other tip. Ask if your mechanic is online with the RTA so he can lodge the successful inspection electronically. Combined with a CTP cover note over the phone(which also goes through to the RTA electronically) and you can renew your rego online. Could save you some time.

As for rego prices, check out http://www.mccofnsw.org.au/a/203.html for an explanation of the background behind a new part of the CTP which has significantly increased CTP for many people, especially riders. This may cause some additional differences between bikes.

And if you do read this link, just remember, the people of this state voted these f^&*ing pricks back in!
  15. wish i knew that tip about electronic pink slips sooner.. ! dam.. gotta visit the RTA again !