Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Rego sticker on VFR800

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by rengel, Oct 22, 2005.

1. Guys,

I want to relocate where my Rego sticker is (with the plastic casing).
    Right now it hangs under the rear fender, near the mud-guard (under the rego plate), but I want to relocate it near the chain on the left hand side of the bike.

Those Viffer owners (yer and everyone else too heheh), where have you put yours ? Any pics on where you've put it??

Thanks

2. Mate put the sucker under you seat, thats where mine is and i am sure alot more people will tell you the same thing. Yeah i know its not the right thing to do!! :D

3. Yep, and it could get him booked.

Vicroads, for example, requires that it be located on the left side of the bike or near the front left fork. Not sure of the wording for that bit.

However, in practice, it seems that most police don't mind if it's mounted under the number plate.

I have mine cable tied to the left grab rail.

4. On my 750 the sticker holder is bolted to the chain guard 1/2 way down the swingarm (in a vertical position) On the 400 it lives under the seat -cable tied to the subframe. And yes I have been pulled up by the coppers doing rego & license checks & they seemed to be worried not one little bit regarding its location :D