Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VIC Rego label holders

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' at netrider.net.au started by Lectre, May 23, 2007.

1. Hey all.
    I was wondering if anyone has received any heat from police for the "tube" style rego label holders? I'm from QLD so this is what I'm most concerned about, but am still interested in other states etc.
    for those that haven't seen them :- http://tinyurl.com/36v8pp

Even if there are some of you out there who may have been pulled over and let go, I'd still like to hear all about it!

Thanks d-_-b

2. read what the rules say:

must be adjacent to the plate and readable without removing structure.

They fulfill both of these. Melbourne is full of those things, and i've even seen parking inspectors (could have been coppers?) rotating the things to check the registration number matches.

3. Here's how mine's mounted.

I haven't been pulled over... then again, I've never been pulled over on the bike.

[​IMG]

4. the tubes cool but where did you get the number plate bloker ;) lol

5. This is from the Your Keys Q-Safe brochure: (it's a 217kb download)

6. jaayzuz! $45 is a bit steep isnt it???!!!

7. Love the bulldog clips :LOL:

8. Is that for LED or non LED? I *think* LED ones might be $120 or even $140+ "generally" Don't know, haven't looked into them for about a year or less.. Can't remember heh :LOL: :oops:

9. #9 rs101, Jul 1, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2015
    If they are tube style, you can't even use them to block out the numberplate!

Wait, thats not what rego labels are used for.... :p

10. I always keep my rego in the boot of the bike.. everytime that i have been pulled over, the cops ask for licence, and i pull the rego out of the boot, and have yet to receive any fine for it. Coppers always question me about it, but i just say, this way it cannot be lost, stolen of fall off, and it is easier for you to read, then having to bend down near the swingarm where the stock location is :)

11. he he.. I had to laugh at this. If you have seen Lectre's bike, you know he doesn't need to do any more mods to it. He already has one of those tube things and I think is more interested in whether or not he should remove it.

Am i right :?: