Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Rego Cost rs 125?

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by Paulie, Oct 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey all

Quick tight arse question.....

I just bought an rs 125 not registered. I just had it blue slipped and got a greenslip quote for $179. Approx how much will it cost me at the RTA to get it registered?

(I'm running extremely low on funds)

2. My 250 was around 95, thats just for a standard rerego tho - there may be additional costs for putting it on after not being registered, apart from the slip.

www.rta.com.au? :p Give em a ring.
  3. rego for any bike should be 50 bucks plus green and pink slip.
    if you are low on finds you brought the wrong mate
  4. the rego is about $100

plate fee is about $30 or so

stamp duty is 3% of value so the less you paid for the bike the cheaper the stamp duty ;)

eg $1000 bike $30 stamp duty
  5. +1... spot on mate,
    don't forget the extra 30 bucks for the plates, unless you have original plates (i think its $20 to re-register that plate again).
  6. havent been able to use the same plate for the last 3-4 years or so
  7. Just a hypothetical: If a vehicle is registered with a plate, but then it runs out of rego (e.g. been out of rego more than 3 months), , and you haven't handed in a notice of disposal... does that mean that plate could be already re-used on another vehicle (lets say someone wanted THAT particular standard plate)?

To me logically, the plate would remain under that vehicle until a notice of disposal is given...
  8. nope

there is time frames before a plate can be reissued if it is lost , stolen or not returned
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.