Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VIC Registration/TAC cost

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by da_matrix, Dec 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello everyone, i just wanted to know is their a way of getting a discount for owning serveral vehicles, since i own a car, 250 and plan on getting a 1000. so thats a $1000+ easily each year on registration, i really don't wanna sell my 250 :(

I was also thinking it is ridiculous since i can only drive one of these vehicles at any one time... I'm thinking they should charge one person one TAC premium rather than the same person 3 times...since i don't pose 3 times the risk by owning 3 vehicles. So why dont they charge the TAC cost to the license type rather than each vehicle@!??!?
  2. At one stage, I had a car, and 4 motobikes registered.. Yup welcome to Vic the land of tax on a tax on a tax and multiple insurance's for all vechiles ridden/driven by the 1 person.
  3. Assuming you're in Victoria??????

I agree, I wish, but it's not going to happen.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.