Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Registration question

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by MitchRohr, Aug 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey guys.
    Im currently in the market for a new bike, one that is not learner approved and is therefore illegal for me to ride (seeing as how i am on my ps). i was not planning on buying the bike until i was off my ps but a fantastic deal has come up and i have some questions that you guys might be able to help me out on.

Firstly, can a non-lams bike be regisistered in anyone's name, regardless of their licencing status? or will they refuse me? (i am not sure if it is illegal to have a non learner approved bike registered in your name even if you dont actually ride it anywhere.) i dont mind taking the bike out of rego for a while but i will then have to find a means to get the bike home (i was planning on riding it home, roughly 150kms) also it would be nice to not have to go through the hassle of getting a new rego when i am eligible. any thoughts? i have had a bit of a look on the RTA website but there hasnt been much to help me. thanks guys.

Mitch (any by the way, love the site! been a big fan but have had nothing to post thus far)

2. I registered a non lams bike when I only had my car licence, not even motorbike L's, so you cando it, the problem is when the popo stop you ridding the thing
  3. yeah i know it may seem like im a stupid squid or whatever but im saving a fair bit of money at a time that i i actually have a bit extra (tax back etc) so i can buy above what my budget would otherwise be. i would get the seller to cancel rego but it would be good not to have to muck around returning the plates or whatever.at the end of the day i dont really mind if it has to be out of rego for a little while.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.