Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Registering with no prior history

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by mattb, Jul 21, 2006.

1. A Theoretical question, the answer to which might serve me well in future, or serve as a warning to others:

A month back when I took my bike into Vic Roads for registration, a bike bought with money begged borrowed and sweated over, they couldn't find a history for it on the national registry. They speculated that it had been made out of various bikes. I asked them, "What happens next", to which the reply was a disheartening, "Nothing".

As it turned out, the bike did have a history, in the Northern Territory, which became clear after we phoned the seller, and faxed the NT, and waited for a nervous hour. Does anybody know what would have happened if it they had not been able to find the history (their curt resoponse gave me no indication)? I'd like to know for future reference.

This is a reason to check the history with Vic Roads before you buy.