Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Registering an imported bike?

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by Broken, Sep 25, 2007.

  1. Hi, Does anyone know if it's possible to reg an imported Ducati from the states? Can you just get an engineers certificate or is it more complicated?


  2. Great thanks, how are you?
    Maybe, just maybe, your states reg organisation may have an idea.
    Its a long shot I know but hey it may be worth asking.
  3. Why didn't I think of that :roll:
  4. because its much easier to sit back and fire off a message to a forum and not give any info whatsoever
  5. hi...i had a customer come in that had a fila 999Rthat come from america...he got it registered but what he did say was that the loop hole had been closed up....
  6. I wouldn't count on it mate. Either go and live in America or save your pennies and buy one here. You'd have a better chance trying to get a Euro model than a US model.
  7. You'll have to get it converted to RHD first.

    Regards, Andrew.
  8. Also if you're thinking a Ducati 1098, as most people do, the retail price for a 1098 is $26,000 + dealer fees and registration and for the 1098s the price is $31,000 + fees. So when you put it into perspective it's really not worth all the hassle of getting one imported. But if you're talking and old (20 years or more) Ducati then look into it.