Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

NSW Registering an imported bike

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by Darrin Hodges, Mar 8, 2016.

  1. Having been looking around for another bike, a 1980 Z1000 LTD caught my eye. It had been imported into Australia by a chap in QLD. Im wondering if I get it into NSW, do I just need to get a blue slip for it and be on my way?

  2. Is it already registered? Has it ever been registered in Aus? If not you'd probably need to take it to a registered RMS Engineer to get Australian compliance before it can be registered in NSW. This can be made even more difficult if the bike is modified. A lot of mucking around but it can be done. Just loads of paperwork, time, RMS departmental chasing (ie: one dept says its the other dept...and so on!) & whatever cash you have left in your bank account!
    • Agree Agree x 1