Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Registering a project bike with no papers (NSW)

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' at netrider.net.au started by ZX-5R, Jul 28, 2006.

  1. I have a bike that is nearly ready for registeration, the previous owner bought it and never registered it, he has the 2nd previous owners rego papers (which I now have) there is nothing on the back to say the last owner had bought it. I have a had written Reciept from the last owner (with his lic details etc). Besides Blue slip and green slip is there anything else I will need to get this on the road ?

    I also have the rego plate from the previous rego if that makes any differance and I did a revs check before I bought it

  2. Little confused.

    Did the previous, previous owner sign the back of the rego papers?

    If not, how do you know the bloke you bought it off, just didn't steal the bike?
  3. no they are not signed, I have the papers for the last 2 rego's (unsigned) I did a revs check and I did a check on myRTA.com to see if it had been written off or anything, I think the previous, Previous owner filled out a desposal notice so he couldnt get any fines from the last owner ridding it
  4. Blue Slip & Green slip.

    You also need a receipt from the previous seller, with the sellers name & address, price paid, and vin and engine number on it.

    Once you've got that, just rock up to the RTA.

    It's a 50/50 chance you'll get the bike flagged for an identity check though.
  5. in VIC, from what I know - if its been out of rego or not registered for more than 3months, you will need a roadworthy certificate & a reciept of sale (stating name & address of both parties, vehicle details year/make/model incl vin & engine number - and both parties signatures)

    usually thats sufficient to get a vehicle registered
  6. I have a receiped with his name, licence number, the engine and vin numbers, and the price paid. It doesnt have mine or his address on it.
  7. Go to RTA tomorrow and present whatever papers you have. Over the counter, they will be able to tell you straight away if you need more things. Or ring the Customer Service which I always find very helpfull.