Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Registering a motorcycle in SA

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by dexterstu, Apr 20, 2007.

1. I have recently bought a CBR250R from a wrecker in VIC, and have had it brought to SA. It has been roadworthied and registered in the past, however I don't have any of those details and it does not have a number plate.

When I bought the bike it was missing the fairings and some other parts that had obviously been sold whilst it was at the wreckers. I have now replaced those parts and want to get the bike registered.

What do I have to do to get it on the road? Is there some way I can find out the existing rego and transfer it to SA? My understanding is that in SA a roadworthy is not required. Do I need to get it checked out somewhere before it can be registered? If so, what sort of costs am I looking at?
  2. Correct on the identity check. If the guys doing that think it needs a roadworthy they will tell you right there & then. But you may have to come back another time to take it next door for the roadworthy depending how busy they are on the day.