Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Registering a bike

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by munecito, May 23, 2006.

1. Hello.

I´m new here and I already have a question for you guys.

I'm interested in buying a second hand motorbike. It's a Suzuki DR250 year 2000. The only problem I can see at this stage is that the motorbike was never registered to be used on road.

Is it possible to register the bike to use it on road in NSW? Someone told me that only if it had been registered before, but the case is this one hasn't been.

The owner got it new from a dealership back in 2000 and has the receipts to prove it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. If it complies with the current ADR's then there should be no problem with registering it for road use.
  3. Thank you very much.

Anybody else??? I need to be absolutely sure before I buy it.

Maybe I have to ring the RTA to find out more info, but I don't have the time at the moment.

4. Dude, if u dont have time and end up rushing into these kind of things - u might just end up with a bike that cannot be registered for road use.
    Ring RTA, OR visit there web site and have a browse.

good luck
  5. I'm not rushing. It is just that I will be working full on until late July even on weekends and I can't use the phone during business hours.

My wife is going to call the RTA tomorrow to try and find out.