Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

reg/rec compatibility

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by Kaos, May 29, 2006.

1. Gday, i think my regulator/rectifier is buggered and i need a new one, but im getting quotes of $200 for my TRX850 genuine part. Is that the norm price? Can i get cheaper aftermarket? Is there another bike that has a rec/reg that will fit my bike?

2. Most reg/recs are similar, I use Yamaha R6/1 ones on my Honda after I had a couple of failures.

Most aftermarket reg/recs are cheaper than that (approx. $95), and will do the same job. Best way to check compatibility is to look at how many wires other bikes use.

Mine uses a positive (red), negative (green), and three other wires. The orientation/position of the positive and negative is important, but it doesn't matter which of the other 3 goes where. If all esle fails, im sure you could get a 2nd hand one from a wrecker.