Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Reflective tape on wheels

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' at netrider.net.au started by rabbit, Nov 8, 2007.

1. I've seen a few pics on ebay of reflective tape on rims - looks like a good idea... unless anyone can tell me otherwise?

Only seem to be available from UK and US though......

pic here: http://tinyurl.com/33csxb

2. Look up RatedR Custom Motorcycle Parts on ebay they sell them here in australia.

3. I haven't tried it on the wheels yet (although thinking about it). What I've done is put shapes of reflective tape on my helmet and bike. White on white, blue on blue... don't notice it during the day, but at night "whoaaa..!!"

4. I bought a roll of 5mm white/reflective rim tape from MCAS & it looks sweet. Looks awesome at nights when light hits it or if you take a pic with a flash on, it really glows and stands out.

5. RatedR isn't going to help - they only have 17" rim tape. GPX has 16" rims.

As for MCAS - any idea what section it was under ? I can't seem to find it. (they soooo need a search function on their site)

6. I went in to the shop, so it was the accessories section. On the wall on the left as you go in, under the slip-ons.

7. Do it.

It's one of the best looking, effective and cheapest little mods you can do to a bike. Some paintjobs look better with thicker rim tape on the wheels, others with thinner.

8. overlap the tape or cut it down, it doesn't come as a one piece circle that fits straight on to your wheels perfectly, you have to shape it around the rim yourself