Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Reefton Spur - Be Careful!

Discussion in 'Hazardous Road Condition Reports' at netrider.net.au started by presti, Jan 28, 2011.

1. G'day guys. Today i went for a ride and did Black Spur - Marysville - Reefton Spur and Warburton and as i came through the Reefton Spur (from Lake Mountain) about 3 mins in there is unsealed tar. I saw a few signs saying road works, no one was there doing anything, but it is difficult to spot it as the sun and shade on the road, being windy and fast in places, it came up on me very quick and got me by suprise. With hot tires, even doing 20-30kph was flicking stones everywhere. Just come home and cleaned the bike and i think i could re-tar my street with all the crap stuck to the chain and fairings.

So if your going to make that trip anytime soon, be careful. Also the main road into Kinglake if you come from Ringwood is the same - unsealed new tar.

Cheers :)

2. Yep, all true. The road to Lake Mountain is much the same in parts. Shite. Thing is, when it's all done, it'll be fantastic but you won't be able to go >80km/h. ](*,)

3. all of those roads will melt next 3-4 days.
    i"ll be hanging out in air conditioned shopping centers, checking out scantilly clad women on escalators

4. Please post shopping centre, exact location and dress standard...
    Sounds like a good ride.

5. And the meet point ?

Food Court ?

6. Who's eating what ????
    Might be interested in this 'ride' :D

7. Update: Monday 14th Feb, 2011

Few kms south of the Camberville junction and for about 3-4ks there are still loose stones, had a few brown trouser moments there today. *NO* signs warning of the loose surface!

Also did Lake Mountain, which is IMHO fine now.

A.

8. My bike is still covered in tar and stones from the last time I went up there. Also got a sticky stone stuck on my leathers between my knee and the tank and got home to notice how nicely it has scratched the crap out of my tank... **** vicroads.

9. Oh, and as always, be careful leaning over the center line as you come around a blind corner:

dontlean.

A.

10. Wow, I see Arc can see into the future.... :p

11. :p lol.

A.

12. Assuming that's a '60' zone there, you're the perfect example of a law abiding citizen, arc (y)

Unless...the last '0' was removed from the display..blending with joe's comment above :D

13. 80 zone, but it was a sharp corner :D

14. Did Black/Reefton Spur on Thursday, both in good nick, no pigs or hazardous road conditions to report other than logging trucks taking up both lanes.

I tell you what, it was getting damn cold up near Marysville though, whewww.

Had numb toes by the end of the journey.

15. Arc is a sensible lad. He cuts just far enough that he can get back with a little bobble and a lift.

Current 10R is it? Looks like one.

Nice, aren't they? [grin]

16. Wouldn't it be nice if we could delete double posts?
    Wouldn't it be nice if we could delete double posts?

17. Agreed, both in great condition atm, no sealing issues.

Yeah, awesome bike, a pure delight to pilot. Love the traction control! :D

A.

18. Probably a bit late as those doing the spurs would have probably made their way, but avoid Cumberland Junction if you have any obvious illegal mods ie: fender eliminator. Got done a few months ago and they made it clear they'd be up there on sunny weekends as the "design laws are being ignored by riders". Pfft.

Anyway, just keep it in mind.