Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VIC Reefton real bad

Discussion in 'Hazardous Road Condition Reports' started by chillibutton, May 5, 2016.

1. #1 chillibutton, May 5, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2016
    Did black spur and up to Marysville today , with the idea of Reefton as well. This weeks wild weather has done some damage. From lake mountain onwards it's pretty ordinary, with loads of leaf litter and branches. Gets worse past Cambarville, with fallen trees sticking out into the road. All trees that were across the road have been cut up and moved, but it's a real mess. Got to the Reefton turnoff and 2 riders came back down saying its a no go. They only got 2km in and said it was way worse than what we'd just gone through. So didn't even bother. Anyone heading out that way, either change plans or take a great deal of care...

This was a good part!
    • Informative Informative x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Thanks for the heads up mate(y)
  3. That doesn't look terrible...... (was planning a ride next week). Maybe I'll go Licola or Strathboogie.
  4. No that was a good part (as captioned). Those red bikes had gone up 2 km and came back and said don't bother, it's way worse than the bit fromLM.
  5. Okay, I'll squint at the weather reports and see if anywhere I want to go didn't get hit too badly...
  6. Reminds me of when Lazy LibranLazy Libran, ReturnedReturned and I did it after the black dog ride.
    Was certainly an adventure!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. fcuken Honda riders
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Disappointing
    Bloody wind
  9. Eat fewer beans.
    • Funny Funny x 2
  10. :whistle:
  11. The Spur is much more rideable today. Still dodgy in places, but overall it was ok...
  12. F@ch, thanks mate, Reefton seems to be full of Honda's...