Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Reefton,Jamieson and Glenmaggie

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' at netrider.net.au started by clarkie, Jan 3, 2010.

1. Happy new year to all. Can someone please tell me if the roads are all sealed from reefton to jamieson C511 then down to Licola and glenmaggie C 486 is all sealed aswell please. Also any good places to stop and see would be great to.

2. I know the Jamieson to Licola road is not sealed. Not sure on the Mansfield to Wood Point rd but I don't think it is sealed either.

3. no worries thanks mate. Was just looking at map and was thinking it would be a good ride. but maybe not if it is not sealed

4. It is a spectacular route especially the Jamieson to Licola run. I did it many years ago but I understand since the fires the route has degraded a fair bit. Maybe worth a call to the local Police station at Mansfield or I think Heyfield is the nearest Police at the other end. Depends how your bike handles on dirt?

5. The Jameson/Licola road is as rough as guts. It'd be good for one of those all-rounder bikes such as the KTM Adventure or whatever it's called. Provided of course, you don't mind the potholes, 4WD wheel ruts and the like.

But, if it were ever sealed it would make for a fantastic ride for those heading to Bright from Gippsland. Saves having to endure the boring crap between Buxton and Mansfield.

6. You might want to check it out on google maps...