Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Rediscovered Joy

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Max_Power, Jul 28, 2007.

1. Well after the best part of 12 months riding 2 hours every day just to get to work, I just decided to go for a ride tonight, and I remembered that riding just for the sake of riding is fun, when it doesn't matter where you're going or when you get there, so I'm definately going to have to make sure I get out and just "ride" more often again. If anyone in Adelaide is interested in going for a ride, let me know and we'll see if we can't tee something up.

2. dude, how could you ride your bike "just" to work for 12 months? :?

3. Easily. I did it for 4 years.

4. Just take the scenic route and leave 2 hours early everyday... :wink:
  5. Commuting can be fun, you just have to make it so!

Regards, Andrew.
  6. You spend 20hrs a week just riding to work & home again Dom?

Naah, I didnt think so. [​IMG]
  7. riding for the sake of it is the best!

You don't have any deadlines to worry about or anything, just the road to nowhere and the scenery. plus the world looks prettier on a saturday morning.

Even when you're riding around to do something in town, you will probably tend to take the longest route (i know i do :p)
  8. riding is a pretty big risk. if ya gunna end up in the gutta it might as well be for a good reason.
  9. I miss riding .. i get sad everytime I think about it

life sucks :oops:
  10. someones always worse off than you so be happy about what you DO have eh! :) life, love, $$, friends, fam etc.

for me its beer. lots and lots of it. I love beer. oh and tacos. I love tacos too.
  11. no i'd spend about same hours commuting. i dont get to do so much big weekend stuff anymore since im at uni and have to work weekends to pay the mortgage, but i still get out for a blat fairly frequently.
    my comment wasnt meant to inciuate anything, i was just suprised of what he said! and yes id rather commute an hour on my bike than 5 mins in my car

12. my work commute's about ten minutes each way (yes i could walk it, but i'm lazy :p)

So every chance I can get to "just ride" I take! So good on ya Max_power, enjoy the road whenever you can!