Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

"Redbook value of a ZZR250'

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by hashius, Jul 20, 2005.

1. hi guys i have been on the lookout for a zzr250 modelled between 2001-2002.Now i have found a couple of bikes but they all seem highly priced ,e.g i found a 2002 model 9000kms for 4500(i know this is good price ,but then i see a 2001 model advertised with higher kms and damage for about the same..)

plZ help in my quest for my first bikei,e WHAT SHOULD I BE PAYING...im so keen to buy just cant find a good priced one
  2. $4500 isn't that high for a 2002 model with low k's.

It depends on the condition of the bike, if its been dropped etc. ZZR250's will be around $2000 to $5000, anything under $3500 wont be a flawless specimen.

Have you been looking at dealer prices or private prices? Private is much better value and there's more chance a private seller will be honest about any problems with the bike, a dealer will look you in the eye and lie his ass off.

Check tradingpost, bikepoint, bikesales, etc.
  3. yeh ive been looking privately
  4. Be carefull with 250's in NSW these days. You may have trouble getting rid of them, because you don't need to ride one on your L's anymore.

So find one that has been hanging around for a few weeks then haggle hard