Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

NSW Red light speed camera rules explained

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by Oldmaid, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Hi,
    The attached article in this month's NRMA Open Road.
    I thought it explained the ins and outs of the ever multiplying red light speed cameras.
    I am extremely wary of them as I got pinged for both speeding AND red light running after having had my bike for only four days at the lights at the intersection of Old Windsor and Cumberland hwy :(
    Somehow, just somehow, when I rang the RMS and spoke to someone about it...it went away. I wasn't going to argue and to this day I don't know how I dodged it...but I do approach them very gingerly these days that's for sure!!

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. don't cross the loop? If you do be sure to do it on the green or orange.

and irregardless of what the nrma says the Camera Office has it's own rules to follow, not common sense.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Agreed. Moveable goal posts that's for sure. I have seen a single car getting pinged repeatedly at intersection of Windsor Rd and Seven Hills Road..unless they are getting an album made I would love to know how those get handled...they had run a light, plus queued through the intersection...was going off like a few times...