Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Red Light Runner - With Video

Discussion in 'Your Near Misses - A Place to Vent' started by RJ45, Jul 29, 2010.

1. #1 RJ45, Jul 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    Pretty self explanatory.....

- Waiting at the lights
    - Traffic flowing slowly in the perpendicular direction
    - my light turns green
    - prick deliberately runs a red, blocking traffic
    - Excuse my French at the end... :p

2. a Camry driver?
    I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.
  3. they do that everywhere
    i had 3 cars run a red behind me yesterday. people don't give a fk anymore so long as they get 5 cars ahead of where they would be if they waited
  4. Happens all the time.

But... what if there had been another Camry coming from the right?
  5. Holy craphole Batman!

It's the 31st of December 2100? If so I better get ready for some sort of NYE party on the moon!

Given the area where it was I think I can tell most of the characteristics of the driver too :D.

Ps. Nice loud horn you have there!
  6. happens to me all the time.

yes, sometimes they run a red light, but mainly just block intersections.

anywhere along epping road (NSW) is a good place to spot this happening, namely dehli road intersection, wicks road intersection, and balaclava road intersection.
  7. That Old Canterbury Rd?

Good thing nothing came of it.
  8. Yes, old Canterbury road
  9. same thing happened to me 2 days ago, cept the car took like an extra 5 seconds before totally disregarding the red light and moving into the intersection blocking my whole lane. I've only been riding for about a week and it totally freaked me out cos i was already halfway cross the lights, and I was already being super cautious since im so new. I almost t-boned the car, and the stupid cow driving looked at me like it was my fault. Goes to show you can never be cautious enough when there are selfish idiot drivers out there hey.
  10. This is when I enjoy driving a 13.5 meter Scania Coach weighing 25 tonnes...

You just take off and hit the air horns and watch them shit bricks :)
  11. meh that was unexciting
  12. Should have pulled in front of her and given her a ****ing serving through her window.
  13. I want a helmet cam like that! that amount of gnarly shit I see when riding would be interesting to see in play back...
  14. meh, just the norm I'd say.
    Only would hold you up if you were in a cage.
    M/c is not so squeezy
  15. How do you fit the cam inside your helmet?
  16. #16 gsxr1000ben, Aug 5, 2010
    curiosity where ya get your cam from??
  17. #19 RJ45, Aug 6, 2010
    For those who are interested in the helmet cam.

There's another video of me riding in the wet. Because the helmet is sealed, camera stays dry... hope the water droplets don't distract you

18. Wasn't really such a big deal..I was expecting some big incident, but it was just a typical heavy traffic deal.