Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Red bull

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by Riderman, Jan 19, 2010.

1. What is with the people putting soft drink cans on their bikes?
    Did I miss the joke?

I remember years ago I read about some n00b rider who stopped off at a servo, bought 2 cans of 'NOS' soft drink and poured it into his fuel tank then posted about it on a forum - is this related?

2. - it gives you wings man - most sports bikes if they had wings would fly

its just a lark

3. what is a lark?

4. A lark is a joke

5. It is a small bird noted for its song.

6. Its a Buick

7.  Top
  8. Yeah you would know wouldnt you "father time " :)

9. Too true paul...

This is a Lark

116_0503_01_z+60_studebaker_lark+front.

This is a Hawk

[​IMG]

10. but seriously, a lark is a bit of a joke, in Aussie slang

Lark A merry or hilarious adventure. “That was a bit of a lark.”

there are heaps of others, too, read and giggle, http://www.essortment.com/all/aussieslangwor_ruuv.htm

Loz has a bottle, not a Red Bull one, on the side of his bike, but I believe it performs an actual purpose :LOL:

11. Does anybody know how this joke started

Thansk Bonk that was a good site http://tinyurl.com/ybcs9a7
    I also tried to google 'Why do people put red bull cans on their bike" but no results - can you help me with The Google again please?

12. What joke, the one about Red Bull cans, the one about the use of the word 'lark' or the complete disrespect I and others have shown for your thread by derailing it into discussing 1960s American cars ? :rofl:

13. Back on track for a minute… I've got one on my bike because I've never seen it done here in Australia, but was fairly popular back in the US. It's more of a boredom thing than anything, and it looks funny with the hose coming out of the "bottom of the can"

[​IMG]

14. But quite good American cars though Paul... :)

Somewhere here there's a thread about an idiot who put NOS energy drink in his gsx because he thought it was a fuel additive. Can't find it with a search though.

15. Yeah, that thread was good quality.

16. Studebaker.

17. The Buick was the Skylark.

18. I think it was done to bait the cops who may think its a nitrous bottle

or

to make it look like a reservoir for a top spec ohlims rear shock

?????

Buick/studebaker -- who cares at least it wasnt an edsel

19. Precisely why I didn't use a NOS brand drink for mine. Last thing I need is some twit jumping down my throat because he thinks I'm using something that shouldn't even be illegal in the first place.