Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by pete the freak, Sep 14, 2006.

1. Yo dudes,

After some advice of an electrical kind. I've got this Hyosung GV650 (no hyo jokes please), and the battery doesn't recharge. I've been at the electricals with a multimeter and it seems that the rectifier/regulator thingy is fukakta.

Seeing as though i'm too lazy to take it in for warranty work, I was thinking I might just be able take bits off my old SRX250 and see if they worked.

My question is is there any reason (aside from warranty issues and figuring out mounting of the alternate parts) why I shouldn't give this a go?? If the voltage and current are similar, it should work right? Even just as a stop gap until I can get it fixed properly??

2. Won't that root your warranty?

It's free innit? Just take it in!

...Hyo jokes? What hyo jokes? Hyos ARE jokes!
  3. Bit more than just voltage and current in a rectifier I think. The have capacitors in there, so that would effect their rating and a few other bits of jiggery pokery like diodes.

I wouldn't risk rooting something else and vopid the warrenty on the whole bike.

Just get it done under warrenty.
  4. dude just warranty it and let them worry about.
    do they give a courtesy bike?
  5. I don't think so, that's the problem. If I send it in for warranty, I might a well get the derestriction done as well, and while I'm there I might as well get them to look into getting a new pipe pitted... And that means I'll be without a bike for while...

Think I'll just have to bite the bullet and take it in.

Thanks for the help guys... :cool:
  6. Hey Pete. Thats a pain in the arse. You haven't even had the bike a year have you? I had to get my battery and regulator replaced together as I believe that the cactus regulator damaged the battery. From what I understand, it all needs to be bang on. Not too much charge, or too little. If you were looking to get all that work done to it I would have taken it in already! What pipe will you get?
  7. Had since february, have been running with a 'cactus' regulator and alternating between two batteries that I charge when off the bike for about a month or two.

Yeah, don't know what pipe yet, don't really know what's available for Hyo's. Ideally I'd want a stubby little streetfighter style thing...
  8. How did you go with this?

Did you get a new pipe?
  9. They say immitation is the most sincere form of flattery. Must have copied Honda's design.
  10. yeah they pinched honda's R/R problems too