Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Recommended suspension tuning books?

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by arc, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Want to increase my meager knowledge of bike suspension without going overboard - specifically want to be better able to set up my own suspension for different trackdays (PI/Broadford), temperatures & conditions, aggressive street and the very occasional pillion.

What have people read/personally recommend?

(I've been through Dave Moss and his excellent youtubes)

2. + 1 - I'd also be interested. I am a member (and occasional visitor to) the Independent Suspension Set-up forum, but there isn't a lot of traffic, and simple questions are usually ignored by the experts. They chit-chat between themselves a little, but it's over my head.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Race techs book is very good.

Just my opinion, but I wouldn't get too carried away with dave moss, there's quite a few holes in his ideas.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Scratch Race Tech's book unless you want to service your suspension, too many pages (for me) devoted to workshop activities.

5. +1 to race techs stuff. Yup it is detailed, but if your going to set up for track work, and will be pushing for tenths of a second...it's a lot more than just screwing with the clickers to get the bump, bound and balance right