Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Recommended Online Shops for Bike Parts?

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by Browncoat, Jan 8, 2011.

1. Hi Guys,

Started pricing bits and pieces online for my YZF1000R and most of the shops seem to be in the UK. Can anyone recommend Aussie online shops? Anyone have experience buying stuff overseas and having it shipped over?
    I'm curious about clutch kit and camchain tensioner prices.

I just realised this is probably posted in the wrong forum.. my bad. admin pls feel free to move it to the appropriate spot. Sorry.
  2. hondaeasttoledo.com

ive got quite a few parts from here over the past year. not as cheap as some stock on ebay. but the cheapest large shop that i could find and that was reccomended to me.

parts were generally 50% cheaper than in aus, some were a 1/4 of the price.

shipping is generally at a flat rate of 60 bucks with USPS, id ask for a quote with fedex but. alot of people including myself have had problems with USPS mail. normal shipping takes about 8 business days. also dont get a single order above $1000 otherwise youll be hit up for GST.

i dont think anyone realises how much we get sausaged for bike part prices in this country....

ie piston rings on the states? $25.99. piston rings from Mr Honda $104.99 and thats trade price. clutch basket from the the states $179.50. clutch basket from Mr Honda, $489.00. you get the drift im sure....
  3. Ebay is your friend as is google search, they are both the bane of Gerry Harvey, Solomon Lew and Frank Lowry
  4. try this mob, http://www.jakewilson.com/ ,they sell oem parts ... i have and other blokes on the gsx1400 forum have bought tyres and other bits from them last year and no problems

cheers chris