Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Recommended Motor Bike Transport

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Conny!, Nov 4, 2005.

1. Hi all,

I'm in Melbourne right now but am looking at getting a 250 in Darwin as i work up there intermittenly and my father would probably mess around with it up there too.

But the market up there seems pretty crap, so i am considering getting a cheap 250 down here and shipping it up. So anyone know of a good transport company that will ship to Darwin and include crating. I've contacted motorcycle logistics but i was wondering if anyone know of others?

Also if you are in melbourne and want to sell me a cheap 250 -around $3.5K mark- let me know. :)
    Not concerned with what it is as long as its comfy and not a cruiser :p
  2. Try,

I have used them before and they are very good. It's not cheap though. To ship one bike 'door to door', from Brisbane to Perth cost $860 (including insurance).
  3. i've contacted motorcycle logistics and they quoted $960 without discount, but they did say they honour the netrider discount, making it $864

Bikes only is $884. So i guess i'm looking at around that figure. I was just wondering if anyone had some testimonials.
  4. I can get your bike to Perth for $530.00 incl. GST.
    If you know of any person or company that goes to Darwin from Perth, it may work out cheaper. Darwin is a difficult place to service!
    I will need the bike crated though (any bike shop will do it for a small fee).

Darren. :wink:
  5. Rather than testimonials, maybe check what their insurance covers...

Good luck.

PS. i will be using these guys to transport my bike to Brisbane from Geelong... About $410.......