Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Recommended Mechanics

Discussion in 'Maintenance and Servicing' started by JimmyGenesis, Mar 28, 2012.

1. Can anyone recommend a mechanic/service center etc in Adelaide that would do a full service on a cbr250rr? eg. Carb clean/banlance (tune maybe), new plugs, oil/filter, airfilter etc? (bikes running rich)

I was thinking honda world at clarence gardens, anyone have any problems with them?

And what would a ballpark price be for a service like that, just so i know i'm not getting completely bent over?

I'm too mechanically noob (or scared?) to do the carbs etc, i'd do the air filter and oil myself, but if its there i might aswell get it done properly
  2. Hey mate. I know this is an old post but how did you go with your servicing? I'm just about to get major service on my 92 cbr250rr and also getting clearance valves done and was told approx $500ish......
  3. Sorry I can not recommend a mechanic in Adelaide; however, I was talking to a bloke that is a bike mechanic Tafe teacher in Adelaide, he said they sometimes looked for bikes for the apprentices to carry out servicing/maintenance on.
    Maybe for a 92 model this might be worth investingating.