Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Recommendations for suspension expert in south sydney

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by Felix, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Hi All,

I have a 2008 Honda CBR 1000rr Fireblade that I am doing a huge rebuild on.

I wish to upgrade/tune the suspension depending on recommendation.

Can anyone HIGHLY recommend a great suspension expert in the Southern Sydney region for this job ???

I'd be really grateful for any advice.

2. i have had many race bikes setup by teknik racing, found them great to communicate and do a great job.

believe they were doing alot of work for team honda on their cbr superbikes this year.
  3. its a Honda - to have it handle better trade it in on a Yamaha ?:p
  4. The two places I would look based on my knowledge of them are RBimports/RBracing in Tarren Point and TrooperLu's garage in Moorebank. Both places know bikes backwards and are very professional shops.
  5. Hey there. Really appreciate the advice.

I've been to a couple of places now and found out they send the bike to "someone" to get done. I don't see the point in taking the bike somewhere to have it sent somewhere else. I would much rather get the equipment/tuning recommendations from the tuner himself first hand.

I've heard there's a really good suspension guy in Peakhurst who is really switched on with CBR's but do not have his name/company and cannot track him down to save my life.

Do you know if RB do the suspension themselves ?

6. Hey all. Thanks again for your help. I've dropped my shock and forks to Frank Pons for the treatment. I was really impressed with his customer service, information and communication/information. I'll keep you updated on the results.

7. Another +1 for Trooper Lu, had mine done there
  8. A bit too late, I was going to suggest having a chat to James at zenodamper (http://www.zenodamper.com.au/contact.htm)

I believe he's done a fair bit of work on 08+ cbr 1000s

Highly recommended, he rebuilt and setup my 929 suspension very well.