Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Recommendations for Northern Rivers gear store?

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by Cris, Apr 5, 2014.

1. Anyone know of a good place to buy basic gear (helmet, pants, jacket, gloves) in or near the N. Rivers area (Lismore, Ballina, Byron, Tweed, Gold Coast)?

For other clothing, I buy online these days, but in that case I know exactly what I want. I suspect it would a poor option for a first kit of biking gear with no experience of fit etc.

2. #2 Fractalz, Apr 5, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2014
    A google shows a few motorcycle shops in Lismore ... don't they have what you need?
    Lawrence Drive in Nerang has a few shops with good range of gear and Shark at Helensvale isn't too far up the M1.

Check out prices online then try to shop local. Most gear needs to be tried on especially helmets.
  3. I've dealt with Dave and the guys at City Bikeworx in Lismore and they're a good bunch.

I bought some gear for myself and my wife online before I picked up my new bike from Bikewox. I was trying to avoid the "package deal". However when I arrived to pick up my bike I noticed they had the same gear for the same or better price lol.

Dave is such a decent chap I almost felt bad for not buying my gear there!
  4. Thanks, I'll check them out.