Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Recommendations for Harley Parts?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by gombul, Jan 31, 2006.

1. Can anyone recommend an affordable place (either offline or online) to buy harely parts? I'm particularly after a new set of fenders + tank for an 06 softail for painting (so I don't butch the originals!)

Having trouble finding aftermarket parts - especially an 06 softail rear fender which is considerably wider than previous models. Figured I just need to tap into the right place but have to watch the $$$ as the new harley has already put me in serious marital debt.
  2. I don't know where you are 'cos it's not in your profile, but you could try Magnum Motorcycles in Wollongong, NSW

Oh, and welcome to the best forum going, lots of room for newbies, and old grumpy guys get to complain about it so everyone's happy :LOL:
  3. Gombul you are probably better off checking in to a forum that indulges in Harleys, because although netrider has a few members who own Harleys it is primarily frequented by sports, sportstourer owners who probably have less knowledge of harley knowhow than yourself.

Good luck BTW
    ps I guess you would have already tried HD Developement just off of Elizabeth street?
  4. Thanks, I emailed magnum - see what they say.

This is my first harley - I come from sports bikes and dirt bikes so I just didn't know if there were any harley forums in Australia.
  5. Congrats! Great evolution, that.
  6. Yep, taking the tucked in pants from the boots to now placing them over the boots, this is progress, congrats gombul.
  7. Hi gombul

To save some cash you will probably have to buy from US.

I've bought numerous things from www.hdofindy.com and they sell 10% below retail (which is considerably less (40-50%) than what we pay over here) and you can also pay them by PayPal.

Check out the www.harleydavidson.com website - click on USA so you can get the part numbers and send an email to Rachael - rdailey@hdofindy.com. Get various shipping quotes to save more cash.

Good luck with it all.
  8. Offtopic

Wow! :eek: