Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Recommendation for boots?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Sirian Sun, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Hey all

I need to get myself a pair of boots and was wondering if you could recommend any. At this stage thinking around the $250 mark.

Thanks in advance :)
  2. A little over you price range but I swear by my Alpinestar SMX-4 boots
  3. Yeah see this is the beauty of being a girl, our price range usually comes with a +/- $200 lol

Seriously though if I need to spend a bit more to get something decent then I will.
  4. If you can, stretch the budget a little. When I started out at the beginning of last year, I bought the Dri Rider Nordics, which were $180 odd at the time, as they seemed a good price and comfortable. The sitching started coming loose within four months, they weren't properly waterproof (feet got soaked on a few occasions) and the zip was constantly catching on the leather trimming of the gusset area.

Late last year bought a pair of the Sidi Strada Tepors to replace them. http://www.bikebiz.com.au/enter.html?lang=en-us&target=p303.html&lmd=39910.605405

Aside from looking a little more sporty (I did like the plain look of the Dri Rider Nordic) they have been a much better boot. Five months on and they look like new, they've survived some torrential rain recently without any leaking, and the construction appears of much better quality.

Everyone will no doubt have their own opinion, but I found that there is a noticable improvement in quality of boot one you reach the $350-$400 mark, without the need go overboard with the super expensive stuff. Give the Sidis a look, and the Rossi boot range also seem pretty good, particularly if you plan on doing a bit of walking the same boots you ride in.
  5. I had 220kg+ (after flipping my bike) land on my lower leg a few weeks back - the bruising was not even worth mentioning.

They are super comfy too and your feet don't overheat in them.
  6. Thanks for the tips guys, I will check them out :)
  7. [​IMG]

there ya go

8. These are made by Harley-Davidson

9. goz have you been going through my wardrobe :shock:

HA! In your dreams sunshine ;) The laces are a safety hazard lol

Grange the Harley boots look great but not for riding.
  10. In your price range at $239.95 I found the Berik GPX Waterproof Boots at Bike Biz which looks good.

I like the Sidi Strada Tepor Evo Boot but at $369.95 its way over budget.

11. Woohoo The Sidi's are mine!!!!!

Nightgash you win the jar of jellybeans lol
  12. Another vote for the SMX boots , really comfortable.

13. +1. They're a pretty good boot.
  14. I think the Italian styled Sidi boots have better styling over the Alpinestar boots though.
  15. Is anyone as confused as me? :p
  16. I tried on a a few of the sidi's and a few other brands too - I found the smx-4 the most comfy, plus they are vented - my feet were over heating and feeling quite manky in the unvented boots

17. LOL You didnt read a later post where I added that for girls there is always a +/- $200 variance allowable ... which means its all good :)

OK the cheaper ones are craptacular so I might as well get something decent and look fabulous in the process ;)
  18. Yes, but a +/- of almost %80!?!?

Maybe this is why I'm single again, I just don't understand :p
  19. Ok so what I was going to spend first is not enough... by a long shot.

So instead of buying something craptacular I used the 'get what you pay for' formula. Does it make sense? S H ! T no, not to you lol. Point is I need them, they look brilliant and I dont mind spending the extra.