Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

recommend tyre for cbr250??

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by mowen00, Mar 14, 2008.

1. Hi everyone,
    Only new to NR, i have myself an '89 cbr250r and was just wondering if anyone could recommend a good tyre as it needs a new set?
    thanks
    mowen00[/size][/size]

2. Good and cheap, Dunlop Arrowmax GT501's

Was able to scrape the pegs on my FZR250 using these. It was at broadford race track.

3. Your tyre choice entirely depends on what kind of riding you do.

Arrowmax's are ok for normal riding, some people I know have lowsided with them (and blamed the tire not their riding). These are cheap.

I have BT-045s and I think these are good commuting tires they don't excessively wear out, they grip well except on metal - haven't really tested wet riding as I don't go too hard. They are ok priced. I've been told the BT-090s are very good and have good wear rates too.

The same friends that have lowsided with the arrowmax's have switched to dunlop gpr a-10s and they've said they are sticky as and grip really good but wear out quite quickly. These are only abit more expensive than the Brighstone bt 045s.

I'll probably go BT-90s (commuting/twisties) next or michelin pilot powers if i book into a few track days.

4. Dunlop arrowmax is a SHIT TYRE. Don't buy one.

Michelin Pilot Active isn't bad.

5. If the Dunlop Arrowmax GT501 are so bad why could I touch my pegs down on my FZR250 at Broadford race track?

6. Pirelli sport demons :)

7. Dunlop GPRa10, are awsome. Sticky like hell.
    Brigies bt090 are good too, not as soft as the a10, but still are great. Last a bit longer too.

8. think i will go with the BT-90s.have heard from a couple of other people in the last few days they are a good tyre as well.thanks heaps guys. mark

9. +1

Have em on my CBR250RR.

10. +1

11. +2

I've had a sport demon on the back for about 8,000+ km's and it's still going great.

I mainly use it for commuting, and weekend twisty rides.