Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Recommend me a jacket and pants

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by captainmorgan, May 7, 2006.

1. Hi,
    Shortly I'll be getting my first bike and I want to make sure I have good protection in the jacket and pants I buy.
    What I want is a leather jacket and pants (It seems as though the consenus is that leather is the safest for you skin) with hard plastic armour on the elbows, shoulders, knees (and at least a pocket in the back of the jacket to put a back protector in).
    But most of the leather jackets and pants with the hard plastic armour seem to be very expensive. Can anyone suggest some that aren't too expensive.

2. Rjays
    Underdog (custom which is good and I think they have a netrider discount)

Quality on those that I have seen seems fine, and the opinion of someone who is a bootmaker by trade was that the Rjays ones are better made than some of the expensive name brands.

I havnt really seen the other cheaper brands so dont know about them.
  3. I just bought some Ixon jacket and am very happy with it. Was going to spend over 800 on apline star or tiger angel etc, but RST and Ixon gear fits me like a glove and cost under $500....