Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Recommend me a back-protector

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by zhenjie, Nov 3, 2005.

1. I've taken up biking again more seriously and its time to invest in a good back-protector.

I'll most likely use it for street 95% of the time and perhaps 5% on the track. Budget upto $250 but more concerned with features, comfort and quality.
  2. I'll watch your back mate. No worries. :wink: :LOL:
  3. i have a dainese back protector with 2 wide velcro straps at the front around the belly and 2 straps which hang around the shoulders

its comfortable, extends slightly below my jacket so its good coverage, and i find the straps around the front are great for reducing vibrations from the bike to my kidneys and helps me with keeping my back posture up whilst riding
  4. From the Netrider Partners page...

See under "sports and track"

I have the six-piece protector. Quite comfortable.

I originally bought it because I was going on a long trip while recovering from a back injury, and it provided the support I needed. Now I just wear it for reassurance if I'm out on the 'open road'.
  5. Thanks for reminding me. I'd better put one of these on the shopping list. Most of the other blokes on the recent track day had them and now subconciously I feel naked without one. :roll:
  6. I think that's only on leather products. But the prices of his back protectors are pretty competitive.
  7. Nope thats 10% across the board - all products
  8. Does it come with a discounted legroot?
  9. My dog will service you for a pat and a schmacko. :LOL:
  10. hahaha...Gold :D
  11. You've been paying? :shock:
  12. My husband and I also have an underdog leathers bp as well. Very comfy