Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Recommend disc lock?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Motobecane51, Sep 28, 2015.

1. Hi fellow riders

I am considering buying a brake disk lock for my Suzuki Boulevard and have a few questions....... Thanks a lot in advance for helping me choose a good one : )

1. How much should I spend on average for one? Can I get a branded one for around $50-60?
    2. What brand should I get?
    3. Should I get one with an alarm?
    4. Are the ones from Ebay (posted from Hong Kong) any good?
    5. What's your opinion about their effectiveness?

Thanks a lot.

2. Hey mate i bought a twin pack with the alarms from flea bay from a guy in queensland there just chinese jobs but the quality looks good and they came with the reminder chords. $54.95 delivered - bargain!
  3. I've always used a Xena disc lock which is alarmed. Works great nice and loud and good build quality. Not sure what I paid for it.
  4. The Xena lock is advertised on Revzilla for $100 US. There is also a blog (link below) showing a Xena lock which was busted off the bike and bike stolen. However the lock shown was made of a cast material whereas the one advertised on Revzilla is made of stainless steel. A lock may be a deterrent but if it is made of cheap material it won't be worth the trouble of fitting it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Most of them would be good deterrents as thieves will go for the quick score. You could spend $200 on one but if a thief wants your bike...they'll get it.

Just saying that the more you pay doesn't necessarily make your bike safer.

Just get a lock with an alarm & reminder for about $50. Will work exactly the same as an expensive one.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Thanks guys the Bunnings one look like an attractive option, with the reminder and pouch. I will go and check it in the coming days since I have to go there to buy some other stuff. Thanks.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Def get a reminder cord...worst thing to pull off and fall straight over and screw up your disc/wheel/bike..
  8. I know first hand at forgetting to remove a disc lock at home before I pushed my bike around in garage.

It destroyed my front fender on my gsxr hence the carbon fibre replacement :)