Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Recommend a bolt shop in Melbourne?

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by sir_b, Nov 17, 2005.

1. Hi all,

I've rounded one of my allen-key'd fairing bolts and need to find a replacement. Can anyone recommend a decent bolt shop in or near the city?

2. Ask Glen where he gets his replacement neck bolts... :LOL: :LOL:
  3. There's a fair few NUTS on the forum........
  4. I know its not quite the same thing, but my oven needs some bolts too... I would be keen to find out where there is a decent bolt shop
  5. 6 posts and only one bolt shop, bunch of smartarses! :p :LOL: :p :LOL:

Thanks Mark, appreciated. Edit: Keables have a $27.50 minimum... that's an expensive bolt ;)

6. Only one person needs to replace them regularly as they vibrate off... :LOL:
  7. In Newlands rd, Reservoir, just near the Black Mulans and Coburg Drive In MC club there is a fastener shop on the corner I recently used to replace some allen key blots for my Ventura rack.
  8. Bolts & Fasteners
    158 Lyttleton Tce Bendigo VIC 3550
    PH: (03) 5441 4122 Fax: (03) 5441 6144

Gippsland Bolts & Fasteners
    Lot 3 Princes Hwy Traralgon VIC 3844
    PH: (03) 5174 0355 Fax: (03) 5174 0809

Metro Bolts
    329 Swan Street Richmond Vic 3121
    PH (03) 9429 3099 Fax: (03) 9428 3125

Thomas Warburton
    16-26 Dunlop Rd Mulgrave VIC 3170
    PH: (03) 9574 3400 Fax: (03) 6574 3444

Check the yellow pages there could be more.
  9. Why do you need a bolt shop, when the nut house is right here
  10. Thanks Mick, I just gave them a call (their sister shop in Thomastown) and they reckon they'll have what I'm after. I've been there before years ago, forgot all about them.

Thanks all.
  11. Was going to suggest Keebles but a $27.50 minimum is a bit rich :shock:

But what a great shop to visit if they let you out the back to help search for what you're after.

You'll have to try a suburban nut & bolt store to find what you're looking for.

Off Topic but another store I enjoyed visiting in the city was Ryan's in Elizabeth Street, there wasn't a socket, spanner or obscure tool that they didn't stock. RIP Ryan's.
  12. Can't remember the name of it, but there's a tool and engineering shop in Para Road that wouldn't be too far from you. Open Sat mornings, too.
  13. allen key fairing bolts
    for Kawasakis Honda Yammys etc etc blah blah
    are sold by their dealers
    they will match the existing ones on ya bike
    so in your case, go to Cosways or Race Replica Kawasaki

14. I know it probably sounds dumb, but I went t a wrecker for my Gippie fairing bolts and got them for pocket change...

Be careful if it's your fairing bolts in the tank.... Overtightening them (especially easy if the rubber grommit thingy has fallen off) will puncture Gippie tanks quite easily....
  15. Sorry Sir-b I just noticed you were talking about a fairing bolt. Yeah the factory or some wreckers stock the more common new ones. I doubt you will get them from a bolt shop as they have different shoulder etc.

Get stainless steel ones if you can. The alluminium one weight less, but they are easily stripped.
  16. I saw an advert in Two Wheels for TW-Performance. They listed Pro-Bolt as one of their Brands.
    They may have something.
  17. I visited the new store in Kensington, now with a smaller showroom space.