Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Recently spotted radar traps on biker roads - NSW

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by chilliman64, Sep 17, 2006.

1. now that it's warmer the riders will be out in their thousands, anyone in and around Sydney yesterday (Sat 16th) would have noticed that - and I'm sure the cops are aware that this is bike riding season also. unfortunately that means that a lot of us will get tickets for speeding.

I took a run down to Picton over Razorback and came home the same way and followed the Camden bypass to rejoin Narellan Rd. I had crossed the bridge on the bypass and was approaching it's end, just before the big sweeping right-hander. peering ahead (after overtaking several cagers) I thought I saw something on the side of the road. it was a bike cop with a handheld unit. I reckon he would have booked plenty!

the reason for this thread is to maybe get a bit of a list together of popular radar traps (not fixed cameras) on biker preferred roads.

remember, you won't get booked for speeding on bends, they get you on the straights.

if you have any locations you want to add to the list, do it quote style from the previous quote, that way we can have them all listed together and won't have to search page after page of posts. just a thought.
  2. quote this:

northbound Camden Bypass - Sat 16th Sept 3pm
  3. OK, here's one.

South of Eden (South Coast NSW) there's a picnic/rest stop on the west of a bridge over a river. It's on the NSW side of the border.

Long sweeping corners onto the straight heading north or south make it easy for the police to position an officer in the road into the rest stop.