Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Rebuilding a VT250C engine- oversizze??

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by adam.kiem, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Hi all,

I'm new on here and I'm looking for a bit of advice on rebuilding my VT250C.

I have decided to do a preventitive engine rebuild after 130000km, but I am looking for more power.

Does anyone know of any a"big bore" kits for this or similar models like the spada or vtr 250?

Has anyone ever increased the bore size and shoehorned larger bore pistons from another model?

2. I doubt anyone can help u.
    i gota ask why bother?
    u can buy another vt250c for the price of a new set of pistons.
    im sure ive seen them sell starting from $250
  3. :WStupid: ... well, what he said anyway.

Unless you want to do it specifically for a project, I can't see it being a viable job.

Want more power? Get a bigger bike.

Sorry no help thus far if you do want to do it for shits and giggles!
  4. Well the bike is going to be the base for a chopper project and I figured its cheaper to spend the $700 for a full rebuild now while I have the engine half stripped and chop this bike rather than buy another bigger bike and have to rebuild it anyway.
  5. Unfortunatly the bike industry sucks in this department. for a warmed over rebuild of a bike engine you can add a 0 to the number you suggested.

there may be a big bore piston set, but I doubt it. Most of those come from the states or are for trail bikes. Might be a kit out of Japans.

If you can find one, you are probably looking at about $700 for the pistons at your door. then if you stripped the top end yourself, sent the cylinders off for a rebore and did the heads yourself, then you might be able get away with another $500 from that point.

Sucks hey?