Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Rebuild kit(engine) for CBR250R

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by gray, May 17, 2006.

1. Hi All,

The old girl went KAPOW ! on the weekend. I'm thinking of doing a rebuild, but am having trouble finding info on who supplies rebuild kits for these engines ?

I can find them easy as for my car, but it seems like rebuild kits for the bike just aren't there !... (or I'm just looking in the wrong spots !)

Any suggestions would be welcomed.
  2. Pushing shit uphill for an engine that old (and long out of production) mate. Cheapest option would be to buy an engine from a wreckers and transplant it.
  3. Wreckers mate best option

May take months to trace all the bits from Mr Honda you know the story Sorry mate not in stock I will put them on back order for you.

Two months latter
  4. Just order what you need through Honda. There is no kit as such. Honda may not carry much stock but one thing I will say is that what they order will arrive in the time they say. 10-14 days. Everything I have ever ordered has arrived around the 10 day mark. This is for a 10 year old bike so don't panic about yours.
  5. since it is a MC19 and not a MC22 even Honda will not help you... I do know the engines are "same" but they have their differences... some parts will just not swap.
  6. Get on the net and search away. FInd some ehthusiast groups and find out where they get parts from.
    I can still get NEW internals for the Z 650, from bearings to pistons, even oversize cylinder kits.

Regards, Andrew.
  7. Honda may not help you with your grey bike but if you want to help yourself then get a hold of a parts manual for YOUR bike. Then just check off the part numbers on this site http://www.bike-parts.fr/recherche_piece.php
    It shows you what parts are common to what models & which countries they went to. Then simply roll up to your Honda dealer with the part numbers & order away.