Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Reasons to smile

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by kaitlyn, Oct 9, 2007.

1. You use an average of 43 muscles for a frown. You use an average of 17 muscles for a smile.

Every two thousand frowns :creates one wrinkle.

Yikes :shock:

So if u stop producing collagen by around age 20.... anyone wanna dare to work out how many that is by the time your 70?

2. But only 3 to punch them in the face :LOL:.

3. this topic made me smile :)

jd made me :rofl:

4. baboom tish! :rofl:

Smiling is definitely the way to go, but what about the crows feet from smiling too much Kaitlyn...

5. Smiling gets you improved customer service and discounts.

FACT.

6. nah, you're thinking of boobies 2loo :LOL:

good one jd

7. That's why I'm forced to put on a happy face after each time I'm caught frowning.

8. FACT

Smiling releases endorphins which make you feel happy.

Discovered in a study of human expressions, these guys trying to map smiles into 3d software for months on end. Later they went into extreme depression..

Too much smiling is bad for you! :)

Next time you're feeling a bit shitty, force yourself to smile (easier said than done I know) for a while, and see for yourself.

9. It also improves your chances of touching those.

Especially if your GF likes your smile...

10. Exactly, i always tell friends to try and laugh you're fricken ass off, and look for humour wherever you can get it.

11. Thats why god invented botox! hehehe :p

12. There used to be an old Vietnamese guy who worked here. His name was Hu, but everyone just called him Hooter.

Anyway, old Hooter ALWAYS had a smile on his face. Didn't matter what sort of day he'd had, he was always cheery and managed to turn your bad day into a good one. I asked him one day why he was always smiling.

He said to me, "When I wake up in the morning, I've got two choices; I can be happy, or I can be grumpy. I choose happy."

It's as simple as that, people. Choose happy. :grin:

13. I still can't understand how rat poison became a socially acceptable beauty treatment. :roll:

14. Because most of the people it's used on are the human equivalent of rats I guess.

Be happy. Think of pulling a wheelie on your motorbike. It always makes me smile.