Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Reasonable insurance

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by winaje, May 25, 2007.

1. Hi all. I am picking up my 2005 Red VFR 800 next week. I need to organise insurance. Does anyone have any ideas on a reasonably priced company?

Ideally, I'm after:
    Pay by the month
    Rating one protection

(maybe this post won't be summarily deleted...)
  2. Go to the links page on the left of the screen, go to the insurance page and get online quotes from everyone on there, as I have just spent the past hour doing :grin: :wink:

I have quotes from under $400 to over $1400 :shock: :roll:
  3. Before you do, go and read the other insurance topics in this forum. You'll learn a lot about insurance. And shouldn't you understand something that you're paying hundreds of dollars to buy?

For example, why pay $800 for a policy which won't actually pay out for some reason (eg too many speeding tickets, or you don't own a garage and park outside), if you can pay $950 for a policy which will cover you fully AND pay up to $4000 for your helmet and leathers too.

The overall moral seems to be READ the fine print (PDS) for each policy.

Also some insurance companies will not quote online or over the phone, they only work through dealers (e.g. Swann). So see your local bike shop too.