Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Rear Tyre for the Yamaha XVS 1300

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by LJ62, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Rear Tyre for the Yamaha XVS 1300
    I have had the same problem with the tire sizes there is nothing here in Australia other than Stones and Dunlop’s, I use to run Pirelli Night Dragon tires on my 1100 so went to get a set for my 1300 without giving it a thought and was told there is nothing available for that size looked up the Pirelli tires site and told them there are 2 tires that come close they are both Night Dragons one is 180/70/16 and the other is 180/65/16 sorry they side that size tire is not available in Australia the front is not a problem 130/90/16 so even rang the Pirelli tires importers and they said the same thing and suggested i try to import them from the states as they have different size tiers to us here, so I have imported 2 sets of 180/70/16 and 2 sets of 130/90/16 $849.00 landed at my door. What I carnt understand is if I can buy this from the states with no problem why carnt they have a supply of them hear in Australia](*,)