Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Rear Suspension Adjustment

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by jd, Aug 12, 2006.

1. I'd always assumed that the rear shocks on my bike were adjustable only for preload (like a lot of other 250s). Cleaning the rims this morning though and for the first time noticed that there's another adjuster at the base of the shocks too :oops: (probably says something about how often I bother to clean the rims :LOL:). It's definately an adjuster of some sort since it has four marked "click points" - already tried changing the setting to see what would happen and it felt to me like it was changing the level of dampening. Fortunately the setting it was already on seemed to feel "best" - just wondering if anone could shed a more informed opinion on what this adjuster (circled in photo) might be exactly and what it does?
    [img:800:596:934588b52d]http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/9844/shockdz3.jpg[/img:934588b52d]

2. I wouldn't touch it...looks like the ejection seat device! :grin:

3. I'd take an edumacated guess and say thats your rebound adjustment.

:)

4. you got yourself 4 position rebound damper knob there jd

1 soft to 4 hard

Koni Dial a ride are the oldest and best and fully rebuildable equivalant marzzochi kabya also there is now hagon etc just look up just bikes

Lucky find there JD just tooh a little time hey mate

5. Lmao.

6. Thanks for the info Brucey, particularly on what 1 and 4 actually represent. It's currently set on 1 which could explain why the rear often feels a little vague. Might give 2 or 3 a go and see how it feels. They're factory Kyaba shocks but not having an owners manual meant I never thought they had anything other than preload adjustment.